Click here to view your points.
Click here to refer more friends for more chance to win.
Sarah Willingham, Ambassador for American Express offers the following festive tips to make the most of your spending as the Christmas countdown begins.
1) Planning makes perfect – A third (33 per cent) of people have a budget for Christmas but say they don’t always stick to it, but it’s important to keep a track of your festive spending. Make sure to write a list of the number of presents you intend to buy and for whom, so you can work out the right amount of money to set aside and spread the cost over the next few weeks.
2) Split the gift – Buying the perfect present can be a difficult and expensive process on your own, so why not consider splitting the price of a gift between friends or family? That way the person can receive the item they really want, without one person needing to spend lots of money.
3) Shop local – If you have an American Express Card and do your Christmas shopping on your local high street at participating ‘Shop Small’ retailers from 3-18 December, you’ll receive a £5 statement credit each time you spend £10 or more. For more info, visit amexshopsmall.co.uk.
4) Book travel early – Britons will be spending an average of £76 each on travel visiting friends and family over the festive period and this cost can quickly escalate by not booking ferry crossings, bus, plane or train tickets in advance. Signing up to alerts for when travel companies release tickets can help you book as early as possible and take advantage of cheaper deals.
5) Bagging a bargain – If you are catching-up with friends or family after 25 December, savvy shoppers can take advantage of post-Christmas sales when buying presents. By getting to the sales or logging on to websites early, you may be able to bag at bargain and fulfil festive wish lists at a fraction of the price.
6) Spend wisely – Look out for offers on your credit or charge cards. For instance, if you apply and get accepted for an American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday Card before 31 January 2017, you’ll receive an additional 3 per cent cashback on your purchases from Amazon.